1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man slaps a crying baby on a plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

If you fly, you've experienced this. However, this is going too far.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/man-slaps-crying-baby-on-plane-update-joe-hundley-fired-or-resigned-from-job

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Heard something about this. I think the guy's job suspended him for it.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Flying While Intoxicated
    Flying With Infant

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Doubtful

An adult physically assaulting an infant should automatically qualify as attempted murder.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Not to get to macho or anything, but if some 60-year-old coot from Idaho slapped my kid, I would smash his head against the tray table until it was red pudding. And I'm sure I'd regret it later, but I'm pretty sure I might just be all Sam Jackson in Time To Kill and not give a fuck.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe he was just rapping

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. There are many situations we don't know what we would do. Somebody asshole puts his hand on my child like that, he's getting hurt.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I doubt I could restrain myself, either.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Not only that but he threw in a racial slur.

Then he denied everything, despite witnesses confirming the mom's account, and if my FB friend who was on the flight is to be believed, the presence of either an FBI agent or a federal Air Marshal a few seats away who saw the whole thing.

The good news here? The fucker is screwed.

10. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Anyone touches my kids like that and they are going to have to pull me off him. What an idiot.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Me either.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Certain people love playing with my first sig line, but my second one certainly fits this thread. It's a quote from The West Wing, for those that don't know who Toby Ziegler is.

"If somebody was hurtin’ them, I’d drop napalm on Yellowstone to get ‘em to stop. Letting some prisoners out of jail wouldn’t be nothin’ and I’ve known my kids for about 45 minutes." - Toby Ziegler fatherhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.