1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man, it's a jungle out there in Division III golf

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 9, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/5959088/fucking-hunky+dory-d+iii-golf-coachs-profane-rant-is-a-thing-to-behold

This is hilarious. Some thoughts ...

1. Although I would have loved at least one of the kids getting what passes for DIII golf scholarships (the best player is probable getting maybe $1,000 a year, if that) say to himself, "fuck this ... my scholarship isn't enough to make me sit through this," and then cold-cock the sorry SOB coach.

2. At least one of the kids recorded it so this asshole can get the nationwide ridicule he deserves.

3. His line about their number 1 player making two triples without a penalty shot was halfway funny.

And, 4. IT'S DIVISION FUCKING III GOLF!!!

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL Coach's Twitter page has already been deleted.

I'd have to bet against him staying as coach at a school like that aftr this rant.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And you'd win that bet...

http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/mgolf/2012-13/releases/201211091wtth1

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

There are no athletic scholarships in Division III, but if you truly believe that athletes are getting special financial aid ...

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Still the leader in the clubhouse, and he still does not like losing to Purdue....

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hey, if that coach wants to see more triples without penalty shots ...

I wish more kids at these podunk schools would covertly fire up their iPhones to take down lunatics like this.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Former coworker played softball for Huntingdon. This is so getting forwarded.

8. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Our local D3 school has 3 rounds under 300 of the 12 the team has played this fall. Hell, we have high school teams that shoot as well or better.

So how many times did this assclown say fuck, anyway?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, I guess he can make that state Mid-Am next year.

10. Oct.: Matt Mahanic (fired) has struggled removing shit from mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted