1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man dies after locking himself inside car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The old guy sat in a Waffle House for almost four hours. He went out periodically to check on the welfare of the dog he'd left confined in his hot car. It was during one of those visits that he became locked inside, presumably when he attempted to start the engine to turn on the air conditioning.

I think that should at least earn a nomination for Darwin honors.

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good business decision.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That sounds like a Ted Kennedy flashback.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not so easy to break a car window, either. I think the family would have a decent case, but it doesn't sound like GM was really negligent. Tough call. And not Darwin material to me.

5. Vombatus

I agree, tragic, not Darwinian. And I would expect a lawsuit.

Regarding finding something in an Owner's Manual, the damn things do have an index in the back. And usually a table of contents too, although the index is more useful.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Murica, where I am too stupid, I should sue.

7. Vombatus

Sadly, yes. I knew the country was fucked when that hot coffee case against McDonalds won an exorbitant amount years ago.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Baron way

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Seriously. Exactly when I realized as well. And, yeah, it shouldn't have been THAT tough to find if he had an owner's manual.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

His car was outside a Waffle House. No way to alert others that he was in crisis?

Maybe there weren't other customers coming and going.
    Maybe he didn't know how to open the glove box. :mad:

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I know you're being sarcastic, Rip, but I believe the story said he had the owner's manual. There are some minuscule things that are tough to find. Wouldn't think that would be one of them.

12. Vombatus

I've never heard of a battery cable coming loose. Usually those things are corroded and fused on to the terminals. Weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted