1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man caves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Apr 9, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like bumper pool. You can probably fit one of those tables and a poker table in the room. Oh, and a trampoline. You'll need one of them and a slip 'n slide.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My office just bought a foosball table for craigslist for like $140. So there's a thought.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You realize that if your wife is dictating the terms of your man cave to you, it's not a man cave, right? It's just a room you get permission to use. :)

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Definitely vote for the pool table. And how about a dartboard?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You lost me at wine racks.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm just excited that two of my ideas were duly/dooley noted.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A combination lock on the door so she can't come downstairs.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't worry. It will be a verb and soon.

9. i've also recently bought a home with a finished basement....so many plans but for now all i've done is buy standard black frames and frame all philly related SI covers (some i had to purchase on ebay for a couple bucks). Obviously philly doesn't have the rich SI cover history that boston, NY, etc, do so i've also framed some covers from my college, and of athletes i really admire (joe montana's first super bowl cover, etc)...anyway, all in all i have about 15-18 covers framed on that wall....

Otherwise, my basement features a really comfortable couch and a bookcase full of live dead music.

Next step is mounting a flat screen on the wall (kind of long term until we get back on the savings route) so i can watch the various sports packages each year without threat of divorce.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This is the only cover you need...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh for pete's sake, I don't really like the term "man cave" but i am doing the exact same thing to my garage (no basements in California).

Mine will have:
    refrigerator
    bar
    hi-def tv
    ping pong
    darts

I started at the beginning of the year. My brother and i put up rafters, a floor for the rafters, and now have an "attic" the size of the garage for storage. Hired an electrician for a subpanel, outlets, cables for satellite, lighting. I've put up drywall on the walls and ceiling. Next is mudding the drywall, texturing the walls, patching the floor, coating the floor.

It's been pretty fun.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Why no basements in Cali?

Draft saved Draft deleted