1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man Attacks Speed Camera Vehicle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It happened while the contractor still had someone inside the vehicle, on a pretty major highway. To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long around here.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/bs-md-ar-highway-shooting-20110706,0,4444937.story

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Same thing happened here a few years ago... except the guy shot up the van, killing the contractor inside. He later tried to claim he thought the van was empty, which was a tough sell -- he did it at night and the interior light of the van was on.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I could have sworn one of those bastards nailed me last year. There was a two-week period there where I checked my mail like Willie Mays Hayes looked in his locker on the final cut day in Major League.

As it is, I don't have a car all that capable of high end speed, and I'd rather keep my money rather than giving it to a state completely incapable of governing itself. So I set the cruise at 5 miles over on the highway, and get wherever I'm going.

Draft saved Draft deleted