1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man arrested with box cutters, stun gun, lighters, etc. at airport

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 19, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A man was arrested this week for trying to smuggle concealed weapons onto a flight from San Juan to Boston.
    The weapons (and other assorted goodies)?
    Four box cutters, a switchblade, a stun gun, two lighters, six batteries, a flight simulator program and New York City information cards.
    FWIW, the FBI doesn't think he was a terrorist. And, naturally, his relatives say it's all a misunderstanding:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/19/AR2010051903650.html

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The guy's probably just an idiot, but the girlfriend's excuse is one of the worst I've ever heard.

3. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Member

Stupidity. Never in short supply. I hate getting stuck behind some guy in the airport security line who has to tearfully surrender the Boy Scout knife he has had forever because he forgot to detach it from his key ring. Please leave your sharp objects and weapons home when you go to the airport.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This story just reminded of the scene from The Naked Gun, when umpire Frank Drebin goes to the mound to see if Dave Spiewak is doctoring the ball. Drebin finds a jar of vaseline, sandpaper, a belt sander and a dremel tool, then puts it all in the pitcher's glove and tells him he's good to go.

5. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I believe he's looking for weapon because one of the players has been hypnotized into an assasin, but still a funny scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted