1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Malzahn to Tulsa........Mustain next?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 15, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Stand corrected, Armchair.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought you could get a scholarship, but you had to sit out an extra season if you did.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Newspapers in Arkansas are reporting Malzahn was going to be demoted, which spurred him to leave.

4. And now it's being reported... Mustain to join Malzahn at Tulsa.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Will Nutt grant him a release? Should he?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Buddies in Fayetteville tell me a TV station had Mustain's grandmother on air for about 30 minutes this afternoon and she aired all kinds of dirty laundry.

7. ARD

ARD Member

He did:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain, undefeated as a Razorbacks starter after a stellar high school career, has been given permission to transfer to another university, coach Houston Nutt said Tuesday.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't see anything about Mustain specifically going to Tulsa. Just that he's been given his release, which means he could go anywhere. Or he could even stay, but that seems not happening.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

C'mon, he's a Golden Hurricane.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Let's see: He chooses Arkansas over Notre Dame and now, a year later, he's going to Tulsa?

I don't think I'm buying that.

It will be interesting to see where he lands, though. And who will be willing to put up with the drama.

11. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Just mentioned that he's leaving at the end of SportsCenter.

EDIT: Mustain, of course. Not just Malzahn.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I hope he and his parents are satisfied with the touches he'll get in Tulsa, because, well, you know, you'd hate to see him have to threaten to leave again.

Draft saved Draft deleted