1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maltese Falcon IS ON RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 22, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

TCM

2. Paths of Glory is on my local PBS station.

I have a quandry

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So what's the over/under on the amount of time it takes Dools to bash yet another movie-alert thread?

I say 20 minutes.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is pure comedy.

"When you're slapped you'll take it and like it," Bogey says to French shorty after black widow slaps Frenchy and French tries to grab a gack, before Bogey intervenes and delivers this gem of a line.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I like the part where Phil Collins opens the package, but then a few minutes later, the guy from "Arrested Development" cuts the number from the performance.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

it was also on TCM tonight. Great fuckin movie. Was out drinkin, but I TiVo'd it.

7. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yeah, I was eating a NY strip and talking to this hot blonde I just met who said she liked "Boondock Saints" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels."

Maltese Falcon wasn't on my mind at the point.

But Sidney Greenstreet kicks ass in the movie.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd go with Maltese Falcon, but only because I've never seen it from beginning to end.

But Lord, Paths Of Glory is a great, great movie! Clearly I like it, given that Kirk Douglas was in my sig/avatar quoting it for so long.

9. maberger

maberger Member

kevin chapman (chappy) was in boondock saints and is now starring in the brotherhood.

for anyone watching "treasure hunters," i believe the mullen brothers of 'TH's' southie boys were also in boondock saints, getting beaten up at the pool table early in the film.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I liked the sequel to this: "The Falcon and the Snowman."

Draft saved Draft deleted