1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mallrats

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 17, 2007.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

"Fuck you, Fanboy!"

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Would you two testosterone-seething, He-Man comic book fans finish up with this tough-guy back-and-forth? I got some questions I need answered. Who's in there?

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The Easter Bunny did this?

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

That's what I was thinking.

5. She said focus.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shannon Hamilton: You see, Bruce, I like to pick up girls on the rebound from a disappointing relationship. They're much more in need of solace and they're fairly open to suggestion. And, I use that to fuck them some place very uncomfortable.
    Brodie: What, like the back of a Volkswagen?

Outing alert: Boots is Shannon Hamilton?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I see a punch in the stomach in Brodie Bruce's future. ...

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

This movie actually gets panned as one of Kevin Smith's worst. I guess because it came right after Clerks and there were all these high expectations. I read somewhere where Smith gave some speech at some convention, and his first line was, "Let me apologize for Mall Rats."

Was it his best movie? No. But it had a lot of laugh out loud lines. Plus, you know, Joey Lauren Adams topless.

9. This and "Jay and Silent Bob" both get panned as his worst...

Of "Jay and Silent Bob" he once said, "I made an award winning film with no budget. I wanted to see if I could do the opposite and make a terrible film with a lot of money."

As for Mallrats being a bad movie- I'd agree from a cinematic standpoint. If you watch the final scene of the movie, it's absolutely horrid because most of it was reshot in an entirely different location... and so the game show set in every other shot looks completely different.

...it's still entertaining as hell though.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm pretty sure that only Brandy's close-up scenes on the pink chair were re-shot, and you can tell because she looks just a little differently than on the wide shots.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

IIRC, Smith said on the DVD that they had to reshoot Brandy's chair scenes because they referred back to the cut beginning sequence at the Governor's Ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted