1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Malice at the Palace II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Canuck Pappy, Jul 22, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

AUBURN HILL, Mich. -- Thirty years from now, a woman running for president of the United States will be asked about the defining moment of her childhood. And she will answer, without missing a beat, "The time Lisa Leslie got whooped on by Rick Mahorn."

Even Zimmer thinks it was a case of simple physics. To say Mahorn threw her down is a joke, he's got daughters too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Assistant coach. For years now.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'm simply fascinated that it looked like Candace Parker nearly executed a perfect drop toehold. She needed to cheat a little bit with the push, but besides that, the form was there.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I know they are on the same team but who you got in a fight between Parker and Leslie?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

After seeing the clip a couple times, it appears to me that Mahorn was genuinely trying to separate the players.

Technically against the rules, and they can hang him if they want. Will be interesting to see.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Leslie because she'sa role model and a mom. Ask her. Or don't. She'll still tell you.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I was joking. It said that twice in the same sentence.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

In related news, the WNBA has decided to allow its players to carry mace on the court.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

And ESPN doesn't get to this in SportsCenter until 49 minutes in?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it's not like it's something they have a partnership stake in, like Arena Football...

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It always makes me warm and fuzzy inside that Detroit can set the baseline, not only for worthless professional football teams, but for women's basketball brawls as well.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think the league should forget the fact that women are involved and that men are involved and punish/suspend as they would anyone regardless of gender.

Punish as if it were Coach X leaving the bench and getting into physical contact with Player Y.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but do what the NBA would do.

Draft saved Draft deleted