1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Malice at the Palace II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Canuck Pappy, Jul 22, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And it's bullshit if he does. He didn't hit her, he didn't shove her (she flopped).
    They are athletes, it's an intense game and in the middle of a fight. Instinct said break it up -- and he did. Or tried.
    Because you have a hardon for Mahorn doesn't mean he was wrong in what he did....
    You think if Role Model had been grabbed by the shoulders she would have stopped? Fuck no, she would have swung at him.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Obviously, I'm totally biased on all of this. Pierson's a total thugette, no doubt.

I didn't see Mawhore-n shoving Leslie, but I saw her falling back. As Lisa hit the floor, the way her arms were flailing, the first thing it reminded me of visually was a classic Laimbeer flop, even though I'm sure it wasn't.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Katie Smith begs to differ... and it's now "Role Model" because that what she said she was in her ESPN interview with She Who Shall Not Be Named.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I don't think Whorn will get thrown out of the league.

Who is She Who Will Not Be Named?

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Wild guess, but I'm thinking a Detroit native columnist.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does this mean Rick Mahorn will drop a rap album six months from now?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Leslie, who is world-renowned as a drama queen, certainly did flop.

But it doesn't matter. The whole concept of the current PC attitude re. male-female violence these days is that men never direct physical violence toward women, ever, except in case of direct physical danger to your ownself. It didn't look like Leslie was very likely to inflict any damage on Mahorn any time this century.

The same reason Danica Patrick can skadoodle up and down pit row with impunity and get right in the face of any male driver, crew member, or official she feels like.

No matter what she says, no matter what she does, nobody can ever, ever, ever hit her. Except Milka Duno.

Any male driver, even if he was 5-1 and 100 pounds, who pulled the shit Danica pulls would be working on his third set of custom dentures by now.

The WNBA cannot allow Mahorn to shove Leslie, because even if Leslie was talking shit (undoubtedly she was) and took a Laimbeeresque fish-flop after being lightly shoved by Mahorn (undoubtedly she did), the league simply cannot allow male assistant coaches to shove female players, because the next step after a shove is a punch.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No... You're Rushin into a Misstake....

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So since Role Model came at Mahorn, he was supposed to take it? Nope... He tried to make sure the fight didn't escalate. He didn't hit her, he didn;t punch her. He got in her way and pushed her back.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That chick banging on Mahorn's back looked like when some D-list villain tries to beat on The Hulk.

And this would never have happened if the WNBA had a dress code.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whatever the fuck Mahorn was doing out there, "making sure the fight didn't escalate" was not it.

Punks like Mahorn don't look to defuse fights, they look to win them.

Somebody in a different-color jersey shoves one of us, brain shifts into warp drive, it's go time.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

does the WNBA have an automatic suspension for leaving the bench?
    it looked like pretty much everyone was on the court.

Draft saved Draft deleted