1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making News: Savannah Style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watch this? It's on the TV Guide channel and shows the behind the scenes stuff at a TV news station. I work in print and this is providing some insight to how the tv people work.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It'd be better if they had Marlon Perkins, or any number of overly serious animal planet documentary people, narrating.

Narrator: This noble group of newspeople gather around the coffee pot for their morning ritual. They meet to discuss the news of the day and how to best document the day's events. They call it a "planning meeting". Let's listen in...
    Newsperson #1: So the wife and I ate at that new Chili's out on Route 41 last week. It was pretty good. Fajitas gave me gas, but it was decent.
    Newsperson #2: Sounds like a story. Why don't you and Joey the camera guy --
    Newsperson #3: His name's Jimmy.
    Newsperson #2: --You and Jeremy go out there tonight. Can you have it for 6 o'clock tomorrow? Work the new business angle.
    Newsperson #1: Sure. Maybe we can get some free enchiladas this time.
    Newsperson #2: Good idea. And if the food sucks, we need a piece for next week's health department minute.
    Newsperson #1: Well, we always have the Vietnamese place down the block for that if we need it.
    Newsperson #2: Something else we need to work on is this -- how do you pronounce it? Fav-ree? Far-vuh? That football guy. Everybody's talking about it. We need man on the street stuff. How do people feel about this? Do they want him back?
    Newsperson #3: But we're in Savannah. I don't think Brett Favre has ever set foot in this city. We don't even have an NFL team. Maybe we can work a Falcons or a Jaguars angle, but there's really no chance he'll play for either of them.
    Newsperson #2: Oh. I saw some clip on CNN and he was wearing a "G" on his helmet. It looked like Georgia. Will he play for them again?
    Newsperson #1: Go Dawgs!
    Newsperson #3: (puts head in hands and weeps)

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny ending.

Draft saved Draft deleted