1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making A Murderer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

... said nobody anywhere ever before.

Killick and HC like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bumping because I recently binged the series. I thought that it was well done, yet very selective with the facts based on my shallow internet dive.

More than anything else, what Brendan's lawyer and investigator did to him was ridiculous.

I'm thinking that Steven likely committed the murder. There was something very fishy in terms of the cops behavior (calling in the license plate no., the blood sample being punctured, how fast her relatives found the car, the key, etc.). More than anything else, it shows you how having the money to pay for good lawyers is important.

I'm not sure how they can possible squeeze another season out of the show.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. I think Steven most likely committed the murder. It didn't happen the way they portrayed it with the brutal rape and her chained to the bed. And I'm convinced that Brendan's brother and the other guy had something to do with it also.

As far as another season, they could follow Brendan's appeal process. Outside of that, there's no new evidence they can present, I don't think. Of course, they managed to make three "seasons" of that West Memphis Three documentary.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm with you two. I think it's likely that Avery, or someone in the Avery clan, did the murder. However, I don't think that was proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the prosecution in the trial, at least from the sort of evidence shown in the documentary.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As I said much earlier on this thread, I believe Avery is guilty AND was framed in order to ensure a conviction.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This thread is SJ gold. Devil and OT at their best.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I look back on it on occasion.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. Felt so bad for the kid; he had no clue and got the worst representation possible.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Every time this thread pops back up I get excited that Devil might be back.

franticscribe, SnarkShark, JC and 2 others like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's just not the same without him and Tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted