1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... makes three

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Dec 24, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Joe! I will see if they make onesies in green satin.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The good news is, because there is proof that her dad wore leather pants out in public ... his little girl will choose to rebel against that attire when she hits her teenage years. So, that will be the least of his concerns. But he'll have others. :D

Tremendous story, Joe. Again.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Any photos of step 1 in the process? ;)

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Wait. What? Who hacked joe's screen name?

Congrats, sir. Like you, my brother became a first-time daddy this year, and he's 42. The extra life experience just mean you're a little better equipped to handle whatever Amelia throws at you, is all.

I mean, hell -- you've roomed with Jones. Based on your stories from that incident, a baby should be a breeze. :D

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Whoa. Good line...

"I had ideas about pacifiers, too, as in I didn’t want to use that easy crutch, but lord, I’m nominating the pacifier inventor for the Nobel Peace Prize, household division. Shit, yeah, she’s already got us trained. Pavlov had nothing on this baby."

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats Joe!!!
    I think there are too many Joes with babies here now :D

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Is it me or is it just the SportsJournalists.com guys celebrating new fatherhood, but none of the women celebrating new motherhood? :)

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Like any of us girls on here are fit to be mothers... :D ;)

Congrats, joe! Great story/blog post and good luck with your little darling. I suppose this means there won't be an appearance of the leather pants in Balto this summer?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Like I said, ducky, there are laws :D

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd have a baby with you, sc, but I could never raise a child with someone who hates A Christmas Story.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't hate it. I just don't get it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

She may also listen to Henley in her quiet moments.

Draft saved Draft deleted