1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make Your Predictions: What's Next for Isiah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Well played. Now I'll be laughing about this all day.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"We could talk about me all day long, but really what we're really supposed to be talking about is basketball."

--Stephon Marbury​

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

She might get more than the $10 mil because MSG has to pay punitive damages. They've got deeper pockets than Isiah.

Prediction: Isiah won't get fired immediately, but he'll be gone before New Year's, probably by mutual agreement.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"What was the highlight of my summer? When I gave myself to Jesus Christ. The day it happened was June 29," Marbury said. "What happened to me was I was able to see myself outside of myself. I was able to look in the mirror and really see myself. I saw the person who I wanted to be, and who I was looking at."

What he really saw in the mirror was a steamy pile of ignorance with the aroma of festering anal warts

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Isiah's relatively fresh extension may prohibit that from happening.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Nah. The Knicks' favorite word is "buyout." See Shandon Anderson, Allan Houston, Maurice Taylor, Steve Francis, Larry Brown .....

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

But at what point can you keep paying people to go away?

I realize that's their M.O., but Cablevision's shareholders eventually are gonna get pissed.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jury rules against Isiah Thomas

By TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writer 21 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A jury decided Tuesday that New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas sexually harassed a former top team executive, subjecting her to unwanted advances and a barrage of verbal insults, but also said he does not have to pay punitive damages.

After an ugly, three-week trial, the verdict gives Thomas a partial victory in the $10 million lawsuit filed by Anucha Browne Sanders.

The jury did find that Madison Square Garden committed harassment against the woman, and decided that she is entitled to punitive damages from MSG.

"I'm innocent, I'm very innocent, and I did not do the things she has accused me in this courtroom of doing," Thomas said. "I'm extremely disappointed that the jury did not see the facts in this case. I will appeal this, and I remain confident in the man that I am and what I stand for and the family that I have."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071002/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_knicks_thomas_harassment_suit

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I heard Isiah making his "I'm innocent, I'm very innocent ..." statement on the radio and he was one very pissed off, defiant guy.

His appeal will serve no purpose but to continue top drag everybodyu through the mud and that's what eventually will lead to his firing.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The one who should be disgraced in all of this is Teflon Jim.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Dave Checketts and Scotty Layden are softly whistling as they walk away happy to have been fired before this pile of poo hit the fan.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

MSG liable for $11.6 million? Suddenly, Isiah is expendable.

Draft saved Draft deleted