1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make your call on the NFL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm not fit to be an American male as the only real prediction I'll make is about My Team. Yes, I am a Texans fan. Yes, I think they'll sneak up on people. Yes, I think the AFC South is underrated.

Colts will win the division easily. If the Texans handle they biz at home and win one of their three road games in the division, they look good. And if they win all four against the NFC North they're golden. The running game concerns me greatly (oft-injured Ahman Green, rookie Steve Slaton and oft-injured Chris Taylor) and that might be what keeps them home in January. Schaub is a good quarterback and Rosenfels is a more-than-worthy backup (could start at least for the Bears).

That said, they'll finish 9-7 with their first winning season. Whether it gets them in the playoffs remains to be seen.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Pats
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Jags
    Colts
    Steelers

Jags over Chargers in AFC

Cowboys
    Giants
    Eagles
    Cardinals
    Saints
    Vikings

Cowboys over Giants in NFC

Jags over Cowboys in 43

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Cardinals? Really? On what basis does anyone pick the Cardinals to win the NFC West?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Because the NFC West sucks and the Seahawks have a banged-up quarterback and a decimated receiving corps, and that doesn't bode well for a pass-first team. Really.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Ok, maybe. But every year for the last four or five years the "experts" have been picking someone other than Seattle to win the division. It seems like Arizona is always the pick to be the one to do it and five years running they still haven't come close.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Whisenhunt is the best coach this team's had in years. I think this is the year the Cardinals overtake Seattle, which also has a lame-duck coach.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Like I said, every year.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I made my case as to why I believe this is the year. But feel free to add nothing.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

It could happen, not having Branch and Ingram hurts us a lot. I have no faith in Burleson, he has done nothing since he came here. I am not sure Julius Jones is an upgrade at RB. Actually, Pallister, I would love to see someone give the Hawks a run for their money just so people will stop saying the NFC West is a horrible division. The Cards have a few players I love, Boldin is a stud and Adrian Wilson is just an amazing athlete, Fitzgerald is a helluva player also.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Fair enough. Seattle can't win every year, and the Rams and Niners aren't up to the task. Might as well be Arizona.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah, any team that has JT O'Sullivan as its starting QB isn't going anywhere.

Or Alex Smith for that matter.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Texans could be the baseball version of the Rays this year.

And the Jets are a real wild card. They could be truly awful or they could make a deep run.

Draft saved Draft deleted