1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make your call on the NFL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Seahawks will make the Super Bowl. They will then be dry-fucked by the refs so someone other has been can go out a winner. I'm not sure who yet, but bookmark that.

Oh, and the Cowboys are very overrated. Once Tony Romo gets in the playoff spotlight, his hands turn to butter.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So you're saying another AFC team will win thanks to a perfectly-timed trick play and a Seahawks TE forgetting how to catch the ball?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought about that, but I haven't paid enough attention to know if the Jets are actually any good.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They're not. That's why they'll be Destiny's Darlings and your Seahawks will be roadkill on their highway to the Lombardi Trophy.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The loss of Saturday is a concern to me, but they are still very good offensively, and are better defensively than people give them credit for.

As an aside, I was looking at our NFL writer's power rankings yesterday, and was a little stunned at his Top 10, including his No.1.

Then I got to the bottom 10 in his list, and it dawned on me that there are some god-awful teams in the NFL right now.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Amazing. I, however, cannot see the Seahawks make the Super Bowl. Playoffs, sure. Superbowl, no.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

NFC: Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Seahawks. Eagles and Packers wild cards.

AFC: Patriots, Jaguars, Chargers, Browns. Colts and Jets wild cards.

Super Bowl: Cowboys over Jaguars.

Steelers: 8-8

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think the Steelers will make the playoffs, but it will be a 10-6 record over a 9-7 Browns or both will be 9-7 with a tiebreak going to the Steelers.

The Browns are loading up with solid, solid players, but they have two things tied to their wagon slowing them down: Crennel and Anderson.

The advantage that Tomlin and Roethlisberger give the Steelers over their counterparts up the Turnpike is enough for me.

10. The Browns defense is still soft.

11. The Colts still have a kick-ass defense.
    So ling as they can run a little bit, they'll be good. The Jags will make the division race intersting, though I'm still not sold on the Gerrard.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If the Jets stayed pat at QB, following the FA spending spree, if everything worked out for the best and the Pennington/Clemens tandem maxed out, the best that could have been hoped for was 7-9 or 8-8. With Favre, if he maxes out, the Jets could be 9-7, 10-6 or 11-5.

Draft saved Draft deleted