1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make it Work: Project Runway 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Also, this headline from the Project Runway site, 'Wesley [just eliminated] and Daniel [Cup Guy] are dating!'

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Where was THAT storyline in Wednesday's episode?

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I liked Daniel's little black dress. Stella (Leather Woman) makes me want to throw something at the TV. The combo of the accent and her complaints about "this isn't what I do" are super annoying.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"Holla at your boy."

5. kokane_muthashed

WOW. Just finished the episode. That elimination really surprised me!

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

These people are really really really annoying.

There were plenty that could have been eliminated. Ugh.

Loved Joe's little gold/black thing, and Kelli's black mesh thing. And the long ruffly greenish dress.

But to me, if you can't get inspired by NY at night, you have to go home.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Poor Daniel is going to send an unfinished garment down the runway one of these weeks.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Nina's "I have no comment" might have been my favorite Nina moment ever.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was just traumatized by the amount of black. At first, I defended it to my friend who was mentioning they all just did LBDs. I said, well it is NYC at night...but then I realized she was right. Too. Much. Boredom covered with ruffles and frills.

That horrific "toilet paper in a windstorm" dress was hideous and I wish he had gone home for that alone.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's ok to be occasionally hideous as long as you're not boring. The chick who went home was extremely boring.

I think the woman who was inspired by the tree planter rings should have won, though. That was a sharp looking dress.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was separates, DD. They were so pleased she did separates because "people don't wear dresses every day"[/exasperated Michael Kors]. But her skirt was fantastic. My favorite piece (next to the cup dress) of the season.

12. kokane_muthashed

Emily's dress didn't knock me over, but, to me, it looked better or crafted better than Jennifer's dress. Jen's dress just looked thrown together and it didn't fit very well.

Draft saved Draft deleted