1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make it Work: Project Runway 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 16, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, Austin won with a dress made out of corn husks.

They always do something with flowers or food, a "real woman" challenge, an evening wear one. At this point they're bound to start repeating some of them almost exactly.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Trying to think of challenges you could give writers...

--10,000 word essay without the word 'the'.
    --Rewrite Death of a Salesman as a sonnet.
    --Write a romance novelette, using only words containing the letter S.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Good point. It would always pay to understand the rules of any game. I've been watching Season 3 of HGTV's Design Star and it was clear most of the contestants were very aware of what had happened the first two seasons.

Money quote: "Tile is death."

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch? I tivoed. Don't say anything.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

btw, got this via email today. Christian's collection on Bluefly. Love the gold skirt, maybe the tshirts.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/custom/custom.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2093624493&referer=email&cm_mmc=bluefly_email-_-07_19_08-_-Cat_All_Christian_W-_-shopnow

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just caught up on the first two eps. Without commenting on the designers, I'd just like to say that Natalie Portman looks so tiny, but it's amazing how confident and cool she comes off when she speaks. She's so freaking adorable, I don't think I could actually imagine her having sex. If that makes any sense. I just want to hold hands with her and be her date to a Sadie Hawkins dance.

Tanorexic guy sucks, but it was pretty sweet last ep when he was making fun of the leather chick.

The comment about Team Brown Ugly Fabric was also hilarious.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That part was on when I finally dragged my ass out of bed this morning around 3:30. I couldn't see them go down the runway, but I saw who got booted.

I'll watch the whole episode when I get home.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for everyone to catch up. Not my favorite episode, but fun to see some characters emerge. LeatherWoman is really irritating.

So far, other than the Cup Dress, haven't seen a thing that makes me excited.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Caught up.

First of all - Soriano's collection.

That's it? 4 pieces? Or was there more?

I noticed both jackets are sold flat out. Good for him.

It's just okay for me - the one jacket looks ripped from Burberry.

I didn't see any t-shirts.

------------

Natalie Portman - I don't know why, but I can't stand her act. I guess it's jealousy, pure and simple.

I saw 2 designs I thought were stunning that did not make the top 3.

The back of this one was amazing:

[​IMG]

And here's my winner:

[​IMG]

Terri, the older African American lady?... She's got a TON of talent. She's my early pick to win.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Interesting...there were about 10 pieces when first posted...now there are three. The star (for me) was a soft gold pencil skirt...the tshirts had ruffly shoulders (can't spell epaulettes), cute but not for me.

As usual, I agree with Lugz' picks, and would add the little black dress by Cup Guy. He's one of my picks for the finish line.

If you think about it, this was a pretty lousy challenge. At least they should have given the models a guideline for how much fabric was requires so the dresses looked bigger than handi-wipes.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought those two shoulda made the final too tho I thought Suede's was the coolest of the those three. I don't understand all the kind words for Leatherface's work. It looked trampy and terrible. I think she got a free pass in that round.
    Jeral cracked me up with his "remnants of nonsense" line.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yes - Jeral is very funny - loved the line about "Team Ugly Brown Fabric."

Draft saved Draft deleted