1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make it Work: Project Runway 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Starts tonite and I have nothing to wear.

This place got me hooked last year, so excited for the new season. Who's with me?

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm with you, but I'm nervous it's not going to be as good as it has been in the past.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was going to start this yesterday, but felt I'd be jumping the gun. I'm SOOO excited. I hope there aren't any weird twists, that Bravo leaves it as it should be for its final year on that network.

Can't wait. Saw Tim Gunn and Austin Scarlett at the Belmont. Best part of the day.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I am going to try and make an effort to watch this from start to finish, probably with the help of my DVR.

I kept catching bits and pieces of it in previous seasons, and always found it interesting, but then would forget it was on, and not catch up.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

This season of PR has next to no buzz. The contestants (as introduced on TV Guide, whereas usually EW has had the preview gallery) look mostly bland in terms of their own personal styles, and there's way too much name-checking of the Vivenne Westwoods, Alexander McQueens, etc. of the world for my taste.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm really excited. I'm watching reruns of last year's show right now. Jack from last year turned down a spot this year, according to something I read.

7. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

The 16-year-old daughter, but not her father.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm with ya! :D

Lisa Simpson: The reason for the lack of buzz is that Bravo has lost PR. This will be the last season before it moves to ugh-- Lifetime. :(

In fact NBC Universal, which owns Bravo is suing over the move. So I guess it's not in Bravo's best interest to promote it.

Last season, Bravo spent millions in "off-channel promotion." This time? Zip.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Thanks to this show, or not, I'm completely addicted to Bravo (except for Kathy Griffin, can't stand her). I want them to do a Real Housewives of SJ (even for those who are not housewives).

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap, that would be awesome.

You, Lugs, Rosie, sportschick and Flash.

I'd watch.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I wouldn't watch... women logging on to sj... sort of boring, isn't it?

Let's see... I watched "Flipping Out" and "Millionaire Matchmaker," both of which had strong central personalities.

The Real Housewives scare me - for some reason I just can't go there.

The ad at the bottom of this thread wants me to watch not Project Runway, but something called 'Date My Ex.' I guess Bravo's using this last run to promote the hell out of its other fare.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Oh, I'm aware of all the off-the-air shenanigans, in addition to the fact that Season Six is supposed to air in November. I have zero clue how the production team is going to pull that off, especially since the crew from Magical Elves (also the team behind Top Chef) is leaving after Season Five.

Draft saved Draft deleted