1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major storms hitting Kansas - major damage in Greensburg, Kan.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, May 5, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Greensburg gets his again ... I don't even want to think about it. The images I've seen on The Weather Channel and CNN today are bad enough.

Hang in there, Chef and platy.

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I'm praying for you guys too...be safe.

That main pic on the KSN site is some scary shit. I'm a weather buff and will watch almost any documentary about severe weather, but I've never seen anything like that. Just huge.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Thanks, guys.
    If it happens again in my area, I'm going to be in the middle of it. Daytime, with a camera ... nighttime, with the fire department out looking for the damned thing.

4. Remember plat - the LOWEST place you can find.

5. Platyrhynchos

Roger that, Fenian.
    Here's hoping it's all just Chicken Little talk and the weather guys are screwing up again and all we get is a lot of rain. :)

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I remember the Barneveld tornado of '85 which leveled the entire burg of Barneveld, Wis.

The Greensburg footage looks far worse.

Good luck to everyone out there. Having been through several tornadoes, I know how scary it is.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I too have been to Greensburg, and it's hard to fathom the language being used to describe it ... basically just gone. A whole town. Terrible.

It is freaky when places I know well are topics on this board. That's never good news.

8. Platyrhynchos

KSN news now reporting nine fatalities.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Tornado on ground: 2 miles west of Greensburg......MOVING EAST.

This is bizarre.

Just got word of a cousin of mine that just moved......to Greensburg......home destroyed......had not gotten renters insurance yet.

I need a drink.

nay.......several.

This will be a long-ass night.

10. Jesus God.
    Stay low, chef.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just went to look up the radar in Kansas only to discover we have now been placed under a tornado watch until 3 a.m.

The way that line of storms is moving it looks like Salina is going to get hit.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

The tornado that got Greensburg--a wedge.

Well, Great Bend better get ready.........for 2 of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted