1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major storms hitting Kansas - major damage in Greensburg, Kan.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, May 5, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm speechless. I've never seen a tornado like that.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Anyone remember the comments made by the head of the Louisiana National Guard stating that the lack of equipment and manpower due to Guardsmen being stationed in Iraq slowed up their response time to aiding those affected by Hurricane Katrina?

Its one thing for some of us to not place responsibility on the government in the rebuilding process, but its another to give them a pass for their inadequate response time when the citizens they're entrusted to govern need their immediate help.

The writing was on the wall immediately after Katrina and I personally feared seeing those failures resurface.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2007/05/greensburg-kansas-tornado-imagery.html">
    Check out these amazing before-and-after images of Greensburg.</a>

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Seeing the school and the football field both before and after, having reported from there, makes me sad all over again. Some great people in that town.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Are there any websites or organizations put in place with specific needs so others can help these people out immediately?

Draft saved Draft deleted