1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major League is on ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

No, the kid didn't call his shot. But the coach was an asshole anyway.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Not too high. Too far."

"Who gives a shit. It's gone."

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

"Juuuust a bit outside. Tried the corner and missed."

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Shit! I've been cut already?

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, am I the only one who always thought Jobu looked suspiciouly like Rod Stewart?

EDIT: You decide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Strike this (guy) out. [/tvedit]

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Want me to drag him out of here? Kick the shit out of him?"

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Up your butt, Jobu!

Hey bartender! Jobu needs a refill!

9. Right, but he called the play after Hayes stole second and was standing there. So the pitch AFTER he called the play, hayes didn't break an dTaylor was brushed back. Then he got up, and called his stot again. This time, Hayes broke from second.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I spent a few long nights as one of thousands of extras in the stands at old County Stadium for filming. This was one of the scenes.

It was weird watching it being filmed because all he REALLY did was point, and then run around the bases. No pitcher, no hitting, nothing. And they did about 20 takes of it before the director was satisfied.

Also saw Cerrano's HR filmed, and it was the same thing. He just kept running around the bases with the bat in his hand, but again with no pitcher and no hitting.

One night me and a buddy sneaked down near the Indians' dugout before filming shut down. Charlie Sheen threw his hat into the crowd and my buddy caught it. Problem was that was the only hat they had in his size, and the wardrobe manager begged my buddy to give it back. He did, but only after Sheen came back out and signed a baseball for him.

Good memories.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Gotcha .. read it wrong. Thought you were referring to his steal of second.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

God, Norm, DO NOT tell me you're the fat guy in the grey tee-shirt I've been annoyed by for two decades now. You know, the guy they show running out from the stands after the Indians win not once, not twice... but three times... passing the exact same point so obviously that it blows continuity to all hell and back.

If you're him, I will be forced to hunt you down, kill you and display your severed head in a place of honor amongst my Tribe memorabilia.

Draft saved Draft deleted