1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major League is on ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"swung and driven towards Central America. Tomlinson will need a visa to catch that one..."

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Lou! Charlie Donovan here. How would you like to manage the Indians this season?"
    "I dunno Charlie, I'm gonna have to get back to you. I got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls."

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"That's all we got, one goddamn hit?"

"You can't say goddamn on the air."

"Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway."

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

"Postgame show is brought to you by...ah christ, I can't find it, the hell with it."

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My question is this:

Assuming WM Hayes was the leadoff man, what the hell is Lou doing batting Jake Taylor second? A 38-year old catcher with bad knees is not exactly prime on base material.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Two outs when the play happened, right? Is it possible two guys hit between WMH and Taylor?

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Also: We're all geeks.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Jesus H. Christ. Would you people stop fucking up every fucking line of the movie.

This guy here is dead.

MOST of these guys never had a prime.

Don't try again. You already hurt yourself.

Charlie: Lou! Charlie Donovan here. How would you like to manage the Indians this season?
    Lou: Oh, I dunno.
    Charlie: What do you mean you don't know? This is a chance to manage in the big leagues.
    Lou: Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls. I'll talk to ya later."

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

And shouldn't Cerrano have been called out for carrying his bat around the bases with him after his homer?

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

One of the no-name guys hit a warning track shot before WM Hayes. And I think Taylor was in the on deck circle when Mays was at bat.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

First time I saw the movie, I almost shit at the conclusion.
    I had a long-running feud with a local baseball coach who tried to squeeze guys in from second, or tried the double squeeze, runners on second and third, all the freaking time.
    I blasted him when he tried it during a playoff game, runners on second and third. The batter homered in the first inning, a 400-foot shot. Homered in the third inning, the ball was still going up when it cleared the fence. So in the fifth, same batter, same pitcher. He tried the double squeeze with disastrous results.
    I blasted the guy for over-managing. There were other instances, too.
    I was hoping Jake Taylor had been out at first.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Did your Jake Taylor call his shot, then bunt? That's the key.

Draft saved Draft deleted