1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major League II on Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Mar 29, 2012.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Right now.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This, along with Caddyshack II falls under the heading of "Sequels that never should have been made."

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's a lot to hate about ML II but I've always thought Uecker was awesome in it.

It has its funny moments, but the plot frankly sucks, such as when the hell did Vaughn pick up a girlfriend the previous season?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Ace just threw a baby across a room and doesn't know why.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

yet still far better than part 3

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe that anyone could make a movie as shitty as Major League III.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I blame Major League II's faults on Wesley Snipes and his refusal to renew the character of Willy Mays Hayes ...

... that and the awful plot.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And Hayes got the lead role in a movie? Some outfielder on the Indians who had one good year is suddenly going to be a movie star? Come on.

9. dieditor

dieditor Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/even-though-id-never-seen-major-league-i-found-maj,10798/

10. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Uecker, yes! When Tanaka runs face-first into the wall as he chases a fly ball, a sloshed Harry Doyle says:

"And so Hiroshi Kamakaze Tah-NAH-ka knocks himself out cold for the second time this week. Maybe in Japan that's kinda like catchin' the ball. Personally I just think he's trying to get out of the lineup."

Comedy gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted