1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major League II alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not nearly as good as the first one, but Uecker still cracks me up.

On the new catcher: "I used to hate that guy when he played for the A's, but it's amazing how your opinion changes once he changes uniforms." (covers up the microphone) "He's still a dick."

Does anyone notice the hilarious inconsistencies in the baseball scenes? When Cerrano is tagged out after nursing to the wounded bird (hello, Dave Winfield), it is clear they're in Camden Yards. That whole "The Sun" scoreboard kind of gives it away.

But then when someone is crossing home plate it looks like County Stadium again. So let's get this straight: A movie about the Indians is shot in Milwaukee and Baltimore. Got it.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

what channel?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Geez, I'm an idiot. HBO Family.

Funny but you'd never see the original on HBOF.

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

That's because the first one is the shit.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Love, too, the realism in the interview scenes. Sure, ballplayers talk to the press as they get into their luxury cars.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Serious answer: County Stadium wasn't as obscene a choice as Oriole Park, though, not by a long shot. At least County Stadium could be dressed up with Indians colors to make it look *somewhat* like a home stadium (there was already the blue for the Brewers.)

The problem with Camden Yards, besides the fact that the goddamn brick warehouse gives it the fuck away(!) ... but it's still all orange and black around, and the padding on the walls is still green ... and the owners' box is so out of place ... so it doesn't look remotely like an Indians stadium at all. At least give me some sense of realism, you know? ... But I can't think about the Indians when there's a damn Eutaw Street warehouse staring back at me.

Still, some good lines. And a fun movie.

But Camden Yards? Sheesh. That was as bad as Joe Jackson batting right-handed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Something tells me this thread won't have the life of the legendary "Major League" thread of yore.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

OK. I know it's a movie. And a really bad one on at 5 a.m., but like they would allow fuckhead Vaughn to walk out to the pitchers mound in a leather vest and then WALK the next hitter up, load the bases, to face his enemy Jack Parkman.

:mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted