1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major League Draft To Be Televised on ESPN2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Eagleboy, May 7, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

In response to those who poked and prodded me when I said before the NFL Draft that the baseball one is growing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2862901

I'll watch, for sure. It interests me. Hell, I stayed glued to a computer for much of the event last year to see who would get drafted. Will anyone else?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

No, but who will be the Mel Kiper Jr. of the MLB draft coverage? Mr. Roto?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I will do exactly what I did for the NFL Draft: not watch. Boring television is boring television. It doesn't matter what sport this is based around.

4. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

i'm really curious who will be the kiper of the mlb draft. as of today, i have absolutely no clue as to who would/could/should be considered the top pick or is a can't miss prospect - considering the hit and miss nature of baseball (what...60 percent of first-round picks flame out and never make it to the majors?) i have a hard time believing anyone else can.

while i think i won't watch the draft (can't stand the pressure of any draft...i had to get drunk in order to keep the nerves at bay for a fantasy baseball draft) i'll check it on the internet and learn the names of players i should be following in the minors.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Allan Simpson?

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'll watch it here and there, but it won't draw flies because the general public doesn't have a clue as to who the top college and prep stars are. The one thing that I am in love with this draft is that clubs have just FIVE MINUTES to make their decisions. None of this 15 minute bullshit there is in the NFL, which everyone knows is just filler-time between commercials and for ESPN to knob-slob on the NFL just a little bit longer.

7. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

I, for one, say it's about damn time.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They can probably get someone from Scouts (preps) and Collegiate baseball (colleges) to work the Kiper-role. I'm interested, since we have a few prospects in and from the area.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I really can't believe I've lived this long without this.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Talk about Must See TV...

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

damn, i can't wait for June 7 to get here. have get the day off for this.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The NFL draft is interminable. I can only believe that the MLB draft will be the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted