1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major floods in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Sep 21, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I hope it clears up long enough for the paper to be delivered tonight. People may be trapped in their neighborhoods due to flooding, but they still expect to get their paper by six. ::)

2. John

John Well-Known Member

He doesn't do Twitter pics. Or so I've heard.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I just remembered that the Tour championship is being played at East Lake this week — or is scheduled to be, anyway.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How appropriate

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who knew 2underpar and Rules Of Golf could scuba dive?

7. Well, I guess this takes care of that drinking water problem you guys have.

8. And, no, you still can't have any of the Great Lakes' water.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

my sources tell me canoes will be needed at East Lake this week for the tour championship.
    they'll probably play lift, clean and cheat.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Henrik Stenson will come dressed appropriately.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Have a little creek that flows through my back yard. Been there 15 years now, and have seen it swell and rise a little when a heavy rain comes through.

Also have an eight foot retaining wall that sits between my house and the creek.

Well, yesterday morning about 5am after a night of incessant thunderstorms, lightning and heavy rain, it really started to rain. Coming down in sheets.

Well, that creek starts to rise, higher than I've seen it go before. And still higher. And still higher. Until, now it's over that 8 foot retaining wall.

Now, there's maybe a five foot slope upward to the house. The water creeps up about another two feet. Family goes into scramble mode trying to get as much off the floor of the basement as possible.

Fortunately, very fortunately, the water doesn't climb the remaining three feet. Somehow, someway, it holds and then starts subsiding. Good fortune was with us yesterday, that's for sure. Have heard of and seen several others in the area that weren't so lucky and are trying to dry out a basement today.

12. KG

KG Active Member

The sun is out today, which should be a welcomed sign, but the air is gross. It's not just super muggy. It smells. I hate it when it's sticky outside as it is, but there's this icky smell I can just barely detect. Blah.

Draft saved Draft deleted