1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mail order prescription company experiences, anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Nov 8, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Going overseas again and need to set up a mail order pharmacy.

Looks like Express Scripts is an industry leader. I was hoping Target's pharmacy could fill prescriptions via the USPS, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone here with experience, good or bad?

Thanks.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I know that Express Scripts was recently named the No. 2 worst place to work in the USA. Doesn't really help you much, but apparently you will be contributing to many miserable lives if you shop there.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Express scripts is great. I've been using them for ages. It's cheaper than going to the pharmacy, they go to my doctor to get stuff renewed and everything is sent way ahead of when you need it.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've good experiences with Express Scripts, although I'm not happy to hear it's a shitty place to work.

5. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Used Aetna's mail order pharmacy for a couple of years. I believe they're tied into CvS Caremark. Regular fills were OK ... everything seemed to go smoothly there. But anytime a doctor's renewal was needed it was a total crapshoot. Sometimes they didn't contact the doctor for you and things didn't get filled. Sometimes they told you that you had to do the legwork yourself to get the prescription reauthorized, only to have duplicate prescriptions entered into the system. That part of it was a total PITA.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The best part of Express-scripts is that they take care of refills...

I'm on medication that I've been on since I was 9 and will be on the rest of my life, but doctors still sometimes insist on me scheduling an appointment every 90 days to get a refill. There's nothing like paying your copay and the visit is, "Why do you need a refill?" "Uh, because I've been on this for 30 years and nothing has changed or will change..." and then I'm sent on my way.

Now that I get the medicine in the mail, they haven't asked me to come in every 90 days. I just have my annual physical and I don't have to waste my time or money going to the doctor four times a year to have the same 60 second conversation.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've had both Express and Optum. Both are great because they save me a small fortune every year. Between me and my wife, we'll save $750 next year because of the price difference. Basically, we get three months of meds for the price of two months. When it comes to more expensive stuff like blood pressure and insulin, it adds up.

Everything is online, and you can arrange auto refills. The only thing I still get from a local pharmacy is my pain pills. No mail order for schedule 2 narcotics for functioning addicts such as myself.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the replies. I've got to get this lined up in next couple of weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted