1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magnatune.com, or IJAG was bored and Stumbled upon some stuff

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, admittedly I don't listen to much independent music. But I was wasting my extra hour tonight and hit my Stumble! button and came across this link:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/50_awesome_websites

Which led me to magnatune.com. Some of you may know it, but basically you can pick from different genres and it will let you stream entire albums. You can then purchase them at a price you pick (they suggest $8) and the artist gets 50 percent of that. Or, you can get a monthly subscription and unlimited downloads. I've already found a guy named Arthur Yoria I like a lot.

Anyone else use it? Ever bought anything from there? Any other suggestions for sites for me to find new music for free and get to hear entire songs?

Also stumbled upon this, upon which I learned that I suck at pong. Beware, when one point is made, the next ball sneaks up on you.

http://www-03.ibm.com/linux/wimbledon/tennis.swf

:D

2. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I am absolutely loving magnatune.com. Pretty sure I'm about to get a membership.

Thanks for spreading the word.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how that stacks up for the performer.
    According to a friend, his band is required to post downloads through SnoCap as well as iTunes. They get 96 cents per song from iTunes but only 60 cents per song from SnoCap.
    So at 50 percent, the performer is getting hosed.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Thank you. Starting tomorrow, I will be drawing a salary for playing this game. :)

I suck at it, though. Dammit.

Edit: It took me a good 15 minutes, but I finally fucking won! I was so GD frustrated that the win may have been the most gratifying moment of my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted