1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magicians?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I've always been intrigued on these people do what they do.

Seeing the Criss Angel guy and Copperfield on TV, it baffles me how they do it.

I also get a kick out of some of the street magic stuff, too.

I actually looked on eBay and am considering spending a few bucks and trying some of the basics.

Anyone have an experiences with this kind of thing?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Word of advice: When sawing someone in half, make sure you're the saw-er, and not the saw-ee.

3. Sea_Pappy

Sea_Pappy New Member

A couple things:

- If you're going to buy something, buy a book on card tricks with lots of pictures. Card tricks are much more practical than most of the things you could buy in a kit. When you're playing cards, people already are sort of in the mood for a card trick, albeit not eight of them. It's a much easier transition than pulling out the old cups and balls routine. I have a few books on card magic, and certain tricks always get people's attention. Any time I've ever bought a self-working magic trick, I've been very disappointed with what I find after opening the container.

- Most other kinds of tricks, even some of the card ones, are available free online if you're willing to spend some time looking. Many that I've found have videos showing you exactly how to do things, step by step, which I find valuable since I have a hard time visualizing how things work when I'm reading about it. In fact, YouTube has some videos that would get you started.

4. JW Bobbit

JW Bobbit New Member

I once told my wife I wanted to hide my wang inside of her. Unfortunately, she was much better at making it disappear than I was.

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Rule #1: It's not magician. It's illusionist!

And try to avoid being the Poof "Goof of the Year."

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This just in:
    You're a dork.

Draft saved Draft deleted