1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

magazine subscriptions on ebay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 25, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I remember people mentioning this, and my dad really wants SI for Christmas (what can you do?).

So how does it work? I just bid, and send my information to some kook whom I trust to put in for my subscription?

Explain, please?

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

There have been some major subscription scams run on eBay.

I've had success and some really cheap prices using this site:

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

Doesn't look like much of a deal on SI, though.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I bought SI off EBAY and didn't have a problem. My sub is coming up in December and will look at EBAY again.

4. Stay away from www.magsforless.com, a site I found out about through SJ. I had a good experience with them the first time I ordered there ... three mags for under $30. Then, the second time, spent $25 on two, including The New Yorker. Waited for months. Complained. Ended up getting New York magazine. Complained again. Nothing. Found out they've had tons of complaints filed with the NY BBB. Weird thing was I expected to be ignored when I asked for my money back. They sent a check within four business days.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_dnr07_bfc.jhtml?experience_id=170816&source_id=8&_requestid=249931

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_mag/102-5913274-1058517?url=search-alias%3Dmagazines&field-keywords=sports+illustrated&x=0&y=0

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just make sure and read the fine print in the eBay subscriptions. My wife really wanted US Weekly a few years ago, and I found a really cheap sub on eBay. It took nine weeks to start, and I got a free (and undesired) two years of Stuff, Shape and Maxim with it. So everyone in my little hood thinks I'm getting really into the lad mags.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

NTTAWWT

8. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Wow, that's a great price on Amazon.com. I was about to renew my husband's subscription for far more than that. What's the catch?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Be sure to check shipping charges. I got some subscriptions last year about this time and one was $5 or $6 for a year of ... Real Simple, maybe ... Anyways, they tacked on $12 for shipping, never mind there's nothing the seller is shipping.

Draft saved Draft deleted