1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Provence, Cannes, Pisa, Florence, Assisi, Rome. . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

layover No. 1 just ended. She's on her way to Miami before changing planes for Madrid.

I love online flight status checking tools. Kind of comforting to know her plane is in the air when and where it's supposed to be. But I still wish I had a little GPS chip or a webcam planted on her.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm sure someone overseas wouldn't mind putting her on a Webcam.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Sweet.

Oh, wait. When you get on webcam it's probably totally different than what I'm thinking about.

How is that roommate of yours?

4. imjustagirl

She's well. I short-sheeted her bed.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

On webcam?

You could probably supliment your income quite well doing stuff in her bed.

6. imjustagirl

Too hot for all that.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

And her connecting flight just left Miami for Madrid. Three airports so far and no delayed flights. That's a good sign.

I hope she takes that Tylenol PM pill I gave her so she doesn't stay up all night chatting during the flight and land in Spain at 8:45 a.m. having not slept a wink.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

She probably won't sleep, but she'll just power through it.

Of course, if she's too chatty, her seatmates might have something to say about it.

9. imjustagirl

Re: Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Provence, Cannes, Pisa, Florence, Assisi, Rome.

They'll just wait until the chaperones all fall asleep and then earn the keychains Ragu was handing out earlier.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

In a previous life I'd have laughed, but as someone who has also waved goodbye to his little girl in an airport, it's not so funny.

11. imjustagirl

But that's what MAKES it funny! Is now it's not funny to Idaho!

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I've never been so relieved to see an ATM charge on my account. When Mandi called this morning she said her debit card didn't work.

A few hours later I log into the account and see this:
    Looks like she won't be eating table scraps for two weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted