1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Provence, Cannes, Pisa, Florence, Assisi, Rome. . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jun 2, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

An anti-diarrheal would be a beautiful thing...

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Provence, Cannes, Pisa, Florence, Assisi, Rome.

If she meets the right guy, you might want to brush up on your Catalan, Idaho. :D

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Re: Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Provence, Cannes, Pisa, Florence, Assisi, Rome.

Teenagers in Pisa:

Teacher: And on the left, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
    Kid: 'Sup with that?
    Kid: They should fix it.
    Kid: Sucks.
    Silence.
    Kid: Hey, there's a McDonalds!!
    Kids: YAAAAAYYY!!

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Just got off the phone with the bank to make sure her card is not shut down because charges start showing up from Madrid.

the customer service person took good care of us, but now I'm VERY stressed out.

this thread was a bad idea. though I'm getting very good advice and help, my anxiety level is definitely not going down.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're here to help.

Do you know and trust the adults? What are the rooming arrangements? What does "free time" mean?

The Queen and I were at a baseball game earlier this season and a group of 100-some kids from Indianapolis was in our section. I think we saw two adults.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Oh Idaho doesn't know!
    So Don't Tell Idaho!
    Idaho doesn't know!
    Idaho doesn't know!
    So Don't Tell Idaho!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There is no McDonald's in Pisa.

There is, however, an overabundance of really tacky gift stalls though. Like Atlanta 96 Olympics tacky.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Assuming this is not the first time the school has taken a group
    over there, you have nothing to worry about. Every inconvenience is a learning experience...she's going to be great.

You have to keep us updated when you hear from her.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

aquest fil era una mala idea. encara que estic aconseguint molt bon consell i ajudo, el meu nivell d'ansietat no està ponent definitivament.

That's the Catalan translation of what you just posted. Just thought I'd give you a head start. :D

Seriously, I'm certain she'll be fine and the experience will enrich her. Practical advice? Have her take a money belt. Pickpockets can be notorious, especially in some of the places she's going, a money belt should prevent that.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oh, there most definitely IS a McDonalds in Pisa.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does the McDonald's in Pisa take Visa?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy shit, how did I miss that?

Draft saved Draft deleted