1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madonna at the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've got no problem with the Madonna choice. I like her music for the most part, she's definitely a big enough name for that stage, and will probably end up being pretty entertaining.

With that said, the NFL is making a major whiff not bringing in Mellencamp for this one.

2. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

If Madonna tries to writhe around on stage like she did at the VMAs all those years ago, they had better have a trainer ready in case she breaks her hip.

Kelly Clarkson FTW

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Jay Z played with The Roots on MTV unPlugged. Amazing album.
    I've been telling anyone who will listen that Jay-Z plays the NYC Super Bowl; never thought about Bon Jovi. Jay Z has a solid selection of songs to choose from; he can play stuff like 'Hard Knock Life' or 'H.O.V.A.' and it won't scare old people and won't alienate the young 'uns.
    Jay Z will close, because Empire State of Mind has replaced New York, New York, as the song for the city, and rightfully so.

NickMordo, the best halftime performers of the last 10 years were 1. U2 (2002), 2. Prince (2007) and everyone else.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Fox gets the Superb Owl again in 2014. If it's still popular, wanna bet Glee is the halftime act?

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

No.
    While Fox overdoes with cross-promotion more than anyone else, there is no way in hell Bon Jovi or Jay Z doesn't do halftime.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Lady Gaga is the only relevant musician today who would put on a halfway entertaining show. I wouldn't mind seeing Jay-Z next year but give me Gaga or I'm going to spend the time making fun of the performance/taking a dump.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Geez, just can the overblown rock concert that takes for fucking ever and go back to a marching band and the Kilgore Rangerettes.

It's fucking football, people! Let's get back to the game!

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yeah, there's a better chance Roger Goddell applies some lipstick, tucks his flesh twig between his legs and performs the "Do You Wanna Fuck Me?" dance from "Silence of the Lambs" at halftime.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Up With People.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Demographics earning the dollars to attend the game will always be a generation behind 20something "relevance." When today's 20somethings are earning that money, they will attend the game and see Gaga . . . in 2030.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I so hope this was CB. Because I never pictured YGB saying "flesh twig."

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah. I forgot to remove the post when I realized my mistake. YG obviously would have written "liberal flesh twig."

Draft saved Draft deleted