1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madonna at the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jimmy Page would agree to do the Super Bowl before they were done asking the question. If it involves money, Page will say yes...

I'd be curious if Plant would ever agree to it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Boogie in your butt.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

lol... you are free fallin' while you're running down a dream, man!

4. Mizzougrad96

The last time I saw Plant and Page in concert, it was kind of sad. Both were so old...

That was in 1995...

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Jay-Z and Alicia Keys doing Empire State of Mind would be cool for the game in Jersey.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How about some marching bands from the HBCUs? As a kid when I went to Yankee Stadium to watch the Giants play, the halftime show was a HS or College Band. Short, sweet and to the point. The HBCU bands are amazing, give them some National Love. Do the Battle of the Bands at halftime of the Super Bowl, or just the top 2 or 3.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Pearl Jam. Enough name recognition to appeal to older and younger viewers, enough energy left to still do a credible show, a big enough sound to fill the arena and Eddie Vedder is enough of a sports fan that he might want to do it. Maybe Even Flow>Not For You>Alive set? I think it'd be great.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe Betterman, in tribute to Michael Irvin

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Right Said Fred.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Now that I think about it more, a hip hop act would be ideal for a cold weather Super Bowl. You don't want to be out there in frigid temps trying to play an instrument. Tuning would be a nightmare as well.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Apparently, I'm the only one who would rather see Madonna perform than almost any 'relevant' artist today.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing her do it, as long as she was rocking it out and not housing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted