1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madison Square Garden And Yankee Stadium...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daytonadan1983, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Hah good find. My recent good times at The Garden were attending Big East. :)

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What about the Lin phase ?

Were you able to get out there during that stretch ?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The Dolan years have been bleak.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Jaspers is a good spot we found in that area last year

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

St. John's plays a lot of non-conference games in its on-campus bandbox, and I'd imagine that's the case here.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'll post the list of NYC pass attraction later today (not a link but a list/ I'll type it out).

Welcome any opining.

7. Earthman

Ok will grant you that Linsanity was a good but fleeting era of Knick
    basketball. To date the Carmelo era will be noted for the fact that the food is better than the basketball. The Garden of old had Shaeffer beer and cold hot dogs.Now you can get sushi and a craft IPA. Less about the game and more about the event.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hope springs eternal, my friend !

I got into the Knicks playoff runs of the 90s...

And when I catch a game there now from time to time... I still enjoy the 'occasion' of it.

Special city, special place.

Earthman likes this.
  9. Earthman

The occasion of it is a good way to put it. In recent years though I much prefer theoccasion of Big East basketball at the garden

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

wait, someone said they find live theater boring?
    Go see Hamilton and get back to me.

what night am I on a media list? I'm down, just want to make sure I'm ready. I'll let Cranberry pick the beer/food spot. He hasn't missed on one yet, at least not with me. Of course, I'm easy to please

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I suppose I just have a short attention span and I'm a pain in the ass. Theatre, live music and even most movies. For whatever reason, I struggle just sitting and watching something for 2 or 3 hours these days. I'm even turning down college football tickets for good games because of all the damn commercial breaks.

I'll watch some TV shows and, when on a vacation, I love to see 10 things a day and walk all over.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Is Hurley's still on Sixth and 49th? I liked that place for after work in 1984. If you had three bottles of beer, the fourth one was always on the house.

EDIT: Looks like I found the answer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/31/nyregion/at-hurley-s-tears-in-the-beer.html

Draft saved Draft deleted