1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madison Square Garden And Yankee Stadium...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daytonadan1983, Aug 19, 2016.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

My basketball team opens at St. Johns on 11/11. The staff is already making NYC plans.

We're arriving on 11/9 and it just so happens there's Nets/Knicks at MSG that night. So that's that.

So how much time on Thursday should I budget to go to the Bronx to see Yankee Stadium, or is it worth the time investment?

And if you have pizza recommendations other than the Jon Stewart rant, would love to hear them.

Thank you.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Don't know where you're staying but from Times Square the Stadium is anywhere from 20-30 minute subway ride depending on whether it's express or milk run.

Can't help you re: pizza, but I was at The Corner for a burger a couple weeks ago. Best burger I've ever had. 41st and Broadway. Great milkshakes too.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Per jgmacg a few years ago, which I endorse now ... Suprema Pizza on 8th, behind MSG.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Go to Lombardi's in Little Italy. No where in midtown will you get pizza like think New York pizza is. Frankly NY Pizza is best in any strip center on Lng Island or Northrn NJ than in Manhatten.

If you go to Yankee Stadium. Go to Arthur Ave in the Bronx for real NY Italian food

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Not worth it to go to the Bronx in November. Stick to Manhattan.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love Arthur Ave., but it's not that close to Yankee Stadium.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely second this. Buddy of mine works for the Rangers he says this place is a fave spot for the staff. We went there last year, great stuff.

8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

The train to Yankee Stadium is probably closer to an hour, depending on the time of day you go and where in Manhattan you're staying. I don't think it's worth it in November, when you're not catching a game, but that's just me. MSG is a cool place to cover a game, particularly since the renovation. Enjoy.

9. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

What about a trip to USS Intrepid, time-wise (been to Hornet and Yorktown on other trips, will go to Midway when we play at San Diego)...

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Did the Intrepid last year, pretty cool and we have done the Midway too....

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Walkable from midtown in good weather. Short cab ride otherwise.

If you like military and aviation stuff, you'll like the Intrepid.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We stay in Hell's Kitchen so the Intrepid is a very short walk but it should be doable from midtown or take the subway to 50th St or as YF suggested, cab it.

Draft saved Draft deleted