1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MADD at one of their own

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20036544-504083.html

Interesting. I'm about as anti-drunk driving as you can get, but I've found some of these groups a bit over the top.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not the most flattering mug shot in the world. Yikes.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

a former president of a defunct chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving

Maybe that's why its a former chapter.

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Good. Throw her ass in jail.

Anyone with a DUI should become an unemployable pariah. You've now proven for all time how selfish, untrustworthy and bad at making decisions you are.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Anyone?

6. secretariat

Anyone. From my mom to Leonard Little to Barack Obama. As much as Ted Kennedy tried to erase what happened at Chappaquiddick with his good deeds later in life, to me it doesn't matter. And I fully recognize how harsh a take that is.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What about kids who fuck and get DUIs. Should their lives be over at that point?

8. secretariat

Yep. And maybe when the rest of them see the consequences, for themselves and others, maybe they WON'T FUCKING DO IT ANYMORE.

I'm Catholic, and we are very good with the concept of shame. These assholes should be shamed into never doing it again and would serve as a warning to others.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I see you're only half a Catholic. Full Catholics are also very good with the concept of forgiveness.

10. secretariat

Practice what you preach. You routinely blanket disparage tens of millions of people based on their political preference, and got a thread locked yesterday when you did it again.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's like a black cloud on her wedding day.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm Catholic, too. I'm also human. I understand the general outrage, considering what can happpen when driving drunk, but there's a lot of disagreement on a definitive list of unforgivable mistakes.

EDIT: He got that thread locked because the countless number of times blanket statements were made agaiinst the opposing political viewpoint were ignored. Knee-jerk at its finest.

Draft saved Draft deleted