1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madame Chairman, the GOP casts all its votes....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Bring her around again, left-tenant. I see someone still walkingon the shore!

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

AlleyAllen/Obama '08

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I read the first page of this thread and the last page. Did I miss anything in between?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, unless you were previously convinced that Yawn had a functioning cerebral cortex.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Rant about Bush all you want. Don't, though, for one moment, put "Bill Clinton" and "military" in the same sentence. Ever. Unless of course, it's from a military superior's point of view.

6. Oh, I'm sorry. He wasn't president? He didn't leave a fairly competent military to the current group of fuck-ups to play with? The water's rising in the cerebellum again, I see.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Mighty big talk from a man who hasn't served. And I'll happily put Clinton in the same sentence as military, especially after the way Clinton reacted following the suicide of Adm. Mike Boorda. His defense of the admiral, the true compassion he showed to the enlisted ranks of the Navy which was stunned following Mike's death and more convinced me and quite a few others that he really did care.

You base your demand on what reason?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love how Yawn consistently presumes to speak for "the military."

How many years did you serve, Yawn?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never mind the fact that he apparently just woke up from a week-long nap with new opinions provided by the fairies of sleep.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I find it fascinating that somebody who's never served thinks everybody in the military hates Clinton. I know my experience is limited, but I've met very few who did. I know quite a few, including one in Iraq as I type, who despise Bush with the depths of their being at the moment.

11. A2 -
    Was Boorda the one that got caught wearing medals that he didn't earn or something like that? I vaguely remember the story.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Fenian, are you suggesting that Clinton "built" the military to what it was pre-Bush? I wouldn't go there...if you want to talk about world opinion of foreign policy, then you've got plenty of Democrats to agree with you...and a few others.

I myself didn't serve, and I do know someone who has served recently and is soured (Hate to to extent of their being might be a better description) not only on Bush, but this country's leadership period, and how poorly organized military support has been to "get the job done" in Iraq. And that began with preparation.

However, Clinton's reputation with the military seemed to be pretty much negative.

Draft saved Draft deleted