1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madame Chairman, the GOP casts all its votes....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What's stopping you, Yawn?

The services need new recruits.

Get hopping.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm a bleeding heart? Wow, your Have-A-Clue meter is so busted ass right now it's a wonder it doesn't take two engineers with a map and flashlight to tell you where your asshole is located.

In case you can't tell, I'm a military veteran myself and I have ALWAYS supported the troops, regardless of where they're stationed.

America is democracy in action and for many patriots -- those who truly love their country as I do -- the way to treat the country is like you would a misbehaving child. A little tough love and discipline is needed to right the ship.

You, on the other hand, are a perfect definition of your own name. You scream and yell, all bluster and little substance, convinced of your own superiority and belittling all others who disagree with you as anti-American. You are the anti-American here. You are part of what's wrong with this country Yawn. You.

You talk a big game about, yeah, I'd enlist, I'd serve, yet you haven't and you're not. Lots of people on here don't serve and I don't take them to task because they're not calling for thousands of Americans to be needlessly put into harm's way. You and others are vocal in calling for more troops, yet you conveniently failed to serve one day in the military that you have no problem in endangering because of your beliefs.

If your convictions and beliefs are right and just, you'd be willing to take action. Otherwise, you're another failure of democracy and frankly, I'm embarassed that you call yourself an American.

Good day sir.

3. I was going to chime in here, but the offshore bombardment's too heavy at the moment, so I guess I'll let the Navy handle things for a while.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Navy does a hell of a job on these things.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

By age, Alley, I cannot. Had I been, I'd been one of the first to enlist on 9/12/2001. I could probably get the recruiter I spoke to to vouch for me.

So good for you and your military service. However, you cannot put conditions on your service. You had a commanding officer, he has one, and the ultimate chief is Bush. If you served during the time of Clinton, you probably know well how much he was disrespected by the military.

So you have a method of recourse. It's called the vote. Unfortunately, even while others were whining about Bush's illegal election and his illegal war, he won re-election, in part I admit because you had an idiot running against him. Someone the core of the Democratic party would put up there every year, in the form of McGovern. Carter won because he was an outsider where power had become corrupt. Clinton won because of his clever campaigning (far from his ethics) and his spinning of himself as a middle-of-road Democrat. He's not Kerry, but not too far right either.

So I'm a problem, Sean Hannity is mentioned as a problem. Knock yourself out with that dude.

6. George Bush has managed to fuck up, among other things, the military Bill Clinton left him. And I don't believe your story about the recruiter for a minute.
    You're the town dunce. Deal with it.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Obviously, the entire gist of my post went right over your head. Guess I'll need to adjust the trajectory of the next salvo to get it right on target.

Dude, I wasn't talking about following orders, so how you picked that particular nugget leads me to believe your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

Secondly, I did indeed serve under Clinton, but the universal disrespect, as you put it, disappeared among many servicemembers as time went on. So there's another strike against your credibility.

Third, your view on history seems both skewed and inaccurate, which isn't surprising given your track record and level of credibility on the board.

Fourth, you are indeed what's wrong with America. And, according to your response, you seemed pleased with it. What's the saying from The American President? How can someone claim to love America but clearly can't stand Americans? That's how you and others on here, and out in the compassionate conservative world, come off to the rest of us.

Want another salvo or two to really get the point across? I'll be happy to load up the guns and let ya' have it.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Someone tell the villagers to take cover.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

To the bunkers and quick!

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Man, someone stop the fight.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm pretty sure that Yawn doesn't need any of us to keep this thread going.

He's posted 35 times on this thread so far -- 10 times on page 4.

And as far as I can tell, he's not getting any brighter.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Funny. Heard a line very similar to that on Empire Records last night...

"You get funnier the shorter your skirt gets."

"And you get smarter the shorter your hair gets, so I'm guessing that's a good thing."

Yawn's logic appears to get weaker the more he posts. Maybe I can give him enough anchor chains to hang himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted