1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I'm thinking that Don will back off on trying to get the Dow account, unless he forgot what almost happened the last time SCDP dealt with a defense contractor.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the even money is that the final shot of the series is Don Draper alone. Maybe walking on the street maybe glancing at a crowd of people watching the moon landing through a window from a sidewalk.
    But I really have a hard time seeing Don finally at peace with himself and his world surrounded by loved ones.
    His biggest struggle seems to be that he takes his work seriously while knowing how shallow and cynical it is.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A lot of this depends if Weiner sees Mad Men as a tragedy. If he does, I hope Peggy comes out OK.

The final shot could be all the characters, now aged, reading Draper's obit, and in the obit it seems like he died penniless in an old age home, alone.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The jump in time that was explained later in the episode covered that off. I thought it was a good call, beats watching people mope around for 50 minutes.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Both women

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I don't think this is in doubt.

Barring a dramatic shift, that's exactly what it is.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Was Roger on LSD again in that last episode? Standing naked in front of the window by yourself? Maybe Roger becomes a drug addict, I mean he already has alcohol problems.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Yeah, I was under the assumption he was trippin, again.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. He begged Megan's mom to do it with him but she wouldn't. He was jonesing.

10. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Just got the DVD from most recent season of Curb Yiur Enthusiasm.

No idea why it takes so long to come out but that is fodder for another rant.

Just watched first episode and there is a funny bit about a young girl selling Girl Scout cookies to Larry David. What is notable is that she had her first period at his house while making the sale.

Couldn't help but be struck by similarity between that plot development and what happened with Sally recently on Mad Men. Since Curb aired originally last year, just wondering where Weiner (or another Mad Men writer) may have found his inspiration.

One heck of a coincidence although the scenes played out in entirely different ways.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

We have no season 6 running thread, but Peggy will still be on the show. Although who knows how much.

http://tvline.com/2012/07/26/mad-men-matt-weiner-peggy-megan-season-7/

Draft saved Draft deleted