1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, getting fucked Jack Hannah.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Two seasons left - I'm trying to figure out where it goes.
    Figure you spend next season setting up for the final one. I have a hard time thinking Peggy is gone - at least from the show. She really is key to the show's equation. I really hope Megan hits it big and suddenly Don is living in her shadow.
    The way tobacco keeps circling around, wouldn't be surprised if SCDP ends up landing a tobacco account.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

They're in 66 now, right? I can see them going into 68 because of all the turmoil and social upheaval and ending the final season in 1970.

4. Somehow I see the last scene of the final episode in their offices, toasting the lunar landing with champagne.

5. 93Devil

Or Sterling, Draper, Olson and Cosgrove landed a tobacco along with Dow.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They appear to be in the spring of '67 . . .

7. 93Devil

That rif, which made me think more of Robbie Williams, was released in the summer of 1967.

I cannot see them skipping 1968 with everything that happened in those 12 months.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Pick up the very next morning with Don getting out of the woman in the bar's bed?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I really don't think Don slept with that woman. But I do think that for the first time since he married Megan, he mentally opened himself up to the idea. He smiled at this one. He'll flirt with the next one. Eventually, he'll get all the way back into his old ways.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't see that. Mad Men traditionally skips a few weeks or a month between episodes, let alone between seasons. Between seasons it's been more like a year or 18 months.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

I might have missed this posted here, but the LA Times got an interview with Weiner.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-ca-matt-weiner-20120610,0,3146965,full.story

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Matt Weiner says Peggy is still part of the show.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/the-mad-men-season-finale-series-creator-matthew-weiner-discusses-the-phantom/?src=tp

"She’s still part of the show. So far. We want to know where she is in this world. I can’t tell you what’s planned for her, but there she was."

Draft saved Draft deleted