1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Because Pete's right, he is more important than Roger. And as Pete said, this isn't about the office, it's about making that point very clear to everyone.

2. dieditor

dieditor Member

Thanks for posting these, I had to put Pete tripping to good use.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

As they're put out to pasture, I can't wait to see how Roger and Cooper tell off Pete. We might be a season away yet, but they'll have full freedom to bury him in a way that might severely impair him psychologically, given his frailty.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I want so badly to like and root for Pete. But he just can't stop himself from being an ass (must be why I want to like him).

All he had to do was accept Don's olive branch at the end of the meeting, and he threw it in his face.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Roger Sterling's only in his mid-50s, and he's an essential character. I'd bet he finds a big-shot client that trumps anything Pete Campbell's done, and that drives Pete Campbell crazy.

Bert Cooper is terrific comic relief, but he has no value to Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Pryce. Isn't it convenient that the firm could be renamed Sterling-Campbell-Draper-Pryce (or, if you're a Pete Campbell fatalist, Sterling-Cosgrove-Draper-Pryce) without much rebranding?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Highest-rated episode ever:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/mad-mens-season-five-premiere-becomes-amc-series-highest-rated-episode-ever/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

7. NDub

NDub Guest

That all makes sense regarding Roger paying off Formerly Fat Harry to get Pete that office. Self preservation, it is. Thanks.

I, too, think Roger will land a big-shot client and it'll drive Pete crazy.

Is there anything Bert Cooper actually does? I like the character and agree on the comedic relief. He fits in anywhere - even Don's birthday party. I can't think of him ever landing a client, pitching an idea, etc. I saw him signing papers one time when Roger was talking about out-drinking his clients.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He founded the company with Roger Sterling's dad. That's good enough at most places.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Great episode.

Megan side boob was nice, laying in bed and seeing part of her butt was just as good.

I loved the joke that Pete played on Roger. . . about time he taught him a lesson.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you want to see Megan front-boob, Google "Jessica Pare Hot Tub Time Machine" (NSFW, obviously)

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

thanks

12. NDub

NDub Guest

Definitely. But it's just funny to see him kind of float around the office and not really do anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted