1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can totally picture Don Draper saying all that.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I didn't think it was possible that I could love him more. But I do.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Sepinwall interview with Vincent Kartheiser, AKA Pete Campbell:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-mad-men-co-star-vincent-kartheiser

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Did you see the follow up? Matt Lauer tried to basically shame him into apologizing, or walking back his comments, asking him if he thought Kardashian was right, that they were a little "careless." It was basically classic Lauer concern trolling, and Hamm's response was just awesome.

"I don’t think they were careless; I think they were accurate. It’s a part of our culture that I certainly don’t identify with, and I don’t really understand the appeal of it other than in a sort of car crash sensibility, and it’s not something that I partake in or enjoy, but it is what it is, and here we are.”

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

He is awesome.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don's not here to tell you about Jesus, and he sure as hell is not here to tell you about Kim Kardashian.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Peggy: You never say thank you.

Don: That's what the money is for!

(Sorry, just reliving my favorite moment from last year.)

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Thinking the line of Season 5 might end up being: "Don't shit where you eat."

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"We could be having the conversation you thought we were going to have."

"So, does this happen every month?"

"Get out of my office."

Fantastic scene.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Great episode. Great job reminding us just how much there is bubbling beneath the surface in SDCP.

My favorite scene was when Pete walked in on Peggy with the baby and very momentarily lost his composure. Subtle, but nice.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Two quick observations:

1) As one who loves the show -- it returned me to episodic TV after years away, with Breaking Bad to follow -- I'm probably in the tiny minority, but give me the one-hour shows. This was too long to me. Perhaps that's the new hours deal for me, up early in the morning instead of just getting going late at night, and isolated to me.

2) I was INTENSELY embarrassed by the whole Zooby Zooby Zoo business, which was precisely the point, of course, so great TV.

A lot of great moments in this show, and a lot of interesting places to go.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

One of the best moments

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted