1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Have they really touched on sports at all to this point? I can't imagine the Mets or Jets would play even a tiny role. That stuff seems monumental to us, but most of the world doesn't care.

The Moon and Woodstock, maybe. Woodstock seems like a way to end it. Maybe Sally goes and Don finally has to face the fact that the world has passed him by.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think HC and I are going to have Martinis on Sunday night to celebrate.

There will be no fruits,vegetables, chili peppers, horseradish or any other stuff. Just Bombay Sapphire Gin, hint of vermouth and three olives.

Actually in HC's case, she'll have a Gibson.

Might even have to get our dip bowl out for the occasion

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nice "Chip 'n Dip" honey! :)

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I made it to the final episode of Season One before I realized that was the same girl from Community.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think some people are going to be highly disappointed in how Don Draper is destroyed by the end of this series. Weiner didn't create this figure for him to ride off into the sunset. Don's private hell has only started.

As Weiner said, there's no way Draper actually makes it to 2001, let along 2010. His liver and lungs will have given out. His lies will have destroyed him as his kids get older and older and hate him more and more.

If Weiner would take us into the 1970s, Draper would be one sad man by that point. Perhaps most heartbreaking would be the moment that Draper realizes just what kind of monster he was creating in the early 1960s with his work.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait a second...RickStain is in his 20s? I would have lost BIG money on that.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Older or younger?

8. zufer

zufer Active Member

Maybe the ending has been in front of us all along. Draper loses everything, realizes the world has passed him by and jumps out a window.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I agree that he goes out a window in the end -- probably under the influence of some late 60s drug.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The over like a Golden State/Suns game in the 1990s.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Seriously?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Seriously. Like mid-40s, if not older.

Draft saved Draft deleted