1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just finished Season One. I'm watching Season Two right now.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Same boat. I'm glad I read on this board how douchey it is for a 20-something to watch this show and want to go out and buy suits and drink scotch. Because I was totally going to be that guy.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You can be a douchey 20-something without the suits and scotch. :)

4. RickStain

But I won't be *that* type of douche. I wouldn't want to be so common.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The first two seasons build the foundation. The damn thing absolutely
    takes wing a skooch into Season III (Episode 3, the Derby Party episode) and
    enters the stratosphere, from there.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fur suuure. Just peak into any bottle-service joint patrolled by bullet-headed
    bouncers.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Obvious blue font. We all know RickStain would view scotch as a luxury item and not in his budget.

8. RickStain

I'm starting to butt up against the edge of my budget right now, and I like all the stuff I have too much to give anything up, so I'm applying for some part-time jobs to work on my days off. I think I just failed the McDonald's hiring exam online, because they said they would contact me if I were to be considered for employment, but I never gave them contact information.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm playing catchup before Sunday's premiere and am a bit underwhelmed with Season 3 two shows in.

The storyline seems jumpy and I don't care for the Brits ... then again, I still have 11 episodes to go.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If they do end this in 1969, either the Mets, Jets or the Moon I'm guessing would be involved.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It picks up somewhat with the third episode and episode 5 on are all top notch.

I also suggest reading Alan Sepinwall's old blog as a companion after you finish an episode -- he has great insights, as do most of his commenters.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not douchey at all.

It's called being a grown-up.

The show is helping bring back manhood.

Draft saved Draft deleted