1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men '15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Glen is relevant to Betty far more than Sally. But that story has been over for years.

I guess if you look at Sally's disgust at both her parents flirting with her friends, there is a flicker of a story line. But I think this is the equivalent of David Chase bringing in his daughter as Hunter for the Sopranos series finale.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Had no idea Glen was played by Weiner's kid, but there's basically been one Glen sighting a season for the past few years and this one made sense to me

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"What's in a name?"

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hey, something happened this week!

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Fitting that this episode was directed by Jared Harris (Lane Pryce), who helped orchestrate the creation of SCDP (SC&P).

6. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Classic episode. "One for the ages," Jim Nantz would call it.
    What did the McCann executive mean, when he said our fearless heroes (and heroine) had "passed the test?"

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My prediction: Peggy goes to work for McCann for the three years, then she leaves to start her own firm with Don's backing.

8. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I haven't read any recaps yet, but there were a ton of callbacks in this episode to earlier seasons -- old scores settled, etc.

One line which stood out was where the the guy from McCann told the Sterling Cooper partners that they had gone to advertising heaven. Especially with the shot of Don looking out the window in the previews.

So many good scenes -- Peggy-Pete, Roger-Don, Peggy-Stan. Didn't love the end of final scene -- the employees wouldn't act that way.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

for all the reasons I wish Mad Men was on HBO, the biggest is to see Trudy naked

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I melted a little bit during that scene between Peggy and Stan.

Draft saved Draft deleted