1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men '15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

On that note, Mathis' march in and get fired sequence was brilliant on a George Costanza level.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Something I only really picked up on with the last episode. Everyone else is "moving on" - Don seems "stuck" in the same place, same look, same job (more or less), same ways. In a decade of turbulent change, has he changed much at all?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He rarely wears the fedora anymore.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And he's at least adopted a thicker knot for his tie and mixes in a blue dress shirt.

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Mathis' failed rendition of Don's "I can't believe you had the balls to come back in here" made me think of this:

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If MM ends Soprano style, simply stopping, without any ultimate resolution for Don, I will be disappointed. Roger seems to have found his niche, President and working. Joan got a guy and a million dollars. Bert's dead.

Does he get some epiphany and do something serious?

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He buys a whore house. Full circle.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really needed to waste 10 minutes of the last 7 hours of Mad Men on Fredo Weiner? Couldn't his dad have just slept with January Jones and we get more Don and Peggy?

Big Circus likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

I can handle a little Glen because he's important to Sally and she's an important character. I have no idea why we needed to waste time on Meghan's sister whining about people getting divorced.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, they needed to bring in Glen just so people would know how he ends up. Meghan's sister on the other hand, was one of the most annoying characters in TV history.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The mother isn't a day on the Rivera herself.

12. Jake_Taylor

Yeah, I don't like the mother either, but at least her character has given us some good stuff with Roger and Sally. The sister adds nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted