1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men '15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 6, 2015.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No Jessica Pare. Pity. And Roger looks ridiculous with that mustache.

2. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Remember in Season 5 when, after landing Jaguar, Don makes a pitch for Dow Chemical? It was then he launched into his "What is success, just another fleeting moment before you want more success?" monologue.

I couldn't help but remember that scene in the early moments of Sunday's episode. Clearly not satisfied with a night out with Roger and three honeys, Swingin' '70s Don (a) checks his answering service for messages left by other babes (b) secures a booty call with a flight attendant, but not before (c) asking the answering service operator, "what are YOU doing tonight?"

Gutter likes this.
  3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Don Draper at his finest.

"But what is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness. I won't settle for 50 percent of anything. I want a 100 percent. You're happy with your agency? You're not happy with anything, you don't want most of it, you want all of it. And I won't stop until you get all of it."

Which led to the gem from Sterling after the meeting ...

"I'll buy you a drink if you wipe the blood off your mouth."

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think all the "Mad Men has lost its fastball" talk is generally overblown, but last night's episode was one of the more boring and pointless I can remember, especially with so little time left.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I didn't find it boring. More like an episode where they were trying to tie up a lot of loose ends.

6. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Roger Sterling quote of the week (with Marie Calvet in Don's apartment): "You've already emptied the place out. You want to defile it as well?"

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

That this is the Roger Sterling quote of the week is evidence it was not a good episode.

I'm preparing myself to be disappointed with the final episodes.

Dyno likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

I'm hoping that was Megan's last appearance.

9. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

I agree that the drama with Megan's family was way too much time. The ending to the relationship with Diana was quick, but I figure its because of the limited time left. You'd think the waitress could pack a bag at work and get a change of clothes before leaving, right?

I thought Sterling's line was hilarious.

Peggy's uptight persona is such a contrast with the '70s, is she ever going to cut loose?

10. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

If Don gives up $1M, what's he left with at this point?

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He got about $5 million in the sale to McCann Erickson.

12. Steak Snabler

I think she was less uptight in her interaction with Pima than it was that she realized Pima was a full of crap and not that talented. Stan fell for her "charms," Peggy didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted